What information we collect
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by placing orders or filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- register to use our Site;
- place an online order on our Site or in person;
- sign up to receive our newsletter;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- participate in social media functions on our Site; and
- report a problem with our Site,
Information we collect from you
We may collect, store and use information about your visits to the Site and about your computer, tablet, mobile or other device through which you access the Site. This includes the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, your browser type and settings, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location; and
- information about your visits and use of the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms used.
Information we collect about you from other sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as commercially available sources.
We use analytics tools, Facebook Pixel and Google Adwords Conversion Tracking on our Site. These tools automatically collect information about you when you click on one of our ads displayed on Facebook or alongside a Google search and any other participating ad networks. This is called a “conversion”.
What we do with your information
We use your information:
- to carry out any orders you place online on our Site or in person;
- to provide you with information that you request from us; and
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, we use your information:
- to administer our Site including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Site;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
Where you have given us consent, we shall provide you with information about any new products, services, events, promotions, special offers and other information which we think will be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time, but without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. You can update your details or change your privacy preferences at any time by contacting us as given in “Contacting us” above.
If you make a purchase of our products on the Site we may publish your first name and geographical location for marketing purposes on our Site. If you would prefer that we did not use your name and geographical location in our marketing banner you can contact us at any time to opt out of this feature by using the details as given in “Contacting us” above. You can also update your details or change your privacy preferences at any time by contacting us as given in “Contacting us” above.
Information we receive from other sources
We use Facebook Pixel and Google Adwords Conversion Tracking tools to track conversions to our Site from our ads displayed on Facebook or alongside a Google search and any other participating ad networks. We use this information to direct our adverts to you and to ensure that our adverts are personalised to your interests, such as our products you have recently searched for. We also use these tools to measure the results of our ads.
You can opt out of ad personalisation from Google and other participating ad networks by turning off Google Adwords Conversion Tracking here: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. You can change your advert preferences from Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/434245993430255
Disclosure of your information to third parties
Our Site is hosted on Shopify Inc (“Shopify”). They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
We may share your personal information with:
- Core Fulfilment Limited for the fulfilment of orders.
We may share your personal information with our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to enable us to carry out any contract we enter into with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where it is in our legitimate interest to do so including for the following reasons:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if all or substantially all of HARDY ETC assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
We may share your personal information with third parties who, whilst not essential for our business to operate, enhance your experience of our Site and your usage of the Services. For example, we use Facebook Pixel and Google Adwords Conversion Tracking to personalise the ads you see on Facebook and on a Google search or any of the other participating ad networks. We recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these third parties.
Security of your information
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In addition, your data may be transferred outside the EEA to MailChimp and Zendesk.
Where personal data is transferred to and stored in a country not determined by the European Commission as providing adequate levels of protection for personal data, we take steps to provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data. If you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA, please contact us using the details set out above.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep your information
Access to your information and updating your information
You have the right to access information which we hold about you. If you so request, we shall provide you with a copy of your personal information which we are processing. For any further copies which you may request, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
You also have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and commonly used format so that it can be transferred to another data controller (“data portability”).
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests
You also have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests. Where you object on this ground, we shall no longer process your personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Your other rights
You also have the following rights under data protection laws to request that we rectify your personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request the erasure of your personal information erasure (‘right to be forgotten’);
- restrict the processing of your personal information to processing to which you have given your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of others.
Exercising your rights
Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
In order to improve the Site, we may use small files commonly known as “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (your “device”) from the Site and is stored on your device’s browser or hard drive. The cookies we use on the Site won’t collect personally identifiable information about you and we won’t disclose information stored in cookies that we place on your device to third parties.
You can find more information about how to manage cookies for all the commonly used internet browsers by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. This website will also explain how you can delete cookies which are already stored on your device.
We currently set the following cookies:
session_id, unique token, sessional,
Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
shopify_visit, no data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit,
Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
Shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day
Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
Cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks,
Stores information about the contents of your cart.
secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period,
Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where.
Tracks conversions from Facebook ads to our website, create custom audiences to re-market to our audience / visitors.
Tracks conversion from Google ads, create custom audiences and re-market to visitors.
Tracks conversions and collects email addresses where customers have opted-in.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.